Thursday 8 April 2010

Inverness the remote capital

The date is 31st December 1999.
10..9..8..7..6..5.4..3..2..1..Happy New Year and Inverness becomes a city.

The Capital of the Highlands of Scotland

Move on ten years

The date is 8th April 2010.

" I would like to order the following goods please" says I

" yes sir" says she

blaa de blaa, blaa de blaa, etc etc etc.....

"is that it sir" says she

"yes thank you " says I

"now then what is the post code for the delivery " asks she

I give her the post code and then reconfirm it a silence comes then...

" that will be £x plus the delivery charge" says she

" delivery charge? delivery charge? what delivery charge" asks me

" your post code shows you are in a remote part of the Highlands of Scotland" she says

"REMOTE REMOTE, this is INVERNESS THE CAPITAL OF THE HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND, REMOTE! I state

"our system says you are located in a remote part of Scotland and therefore a delivery charge is to be added" she says

"FORGET IT" I say

I know we have been cut off a couple of times this winter by the snow but REMOTE I feel we are not !

1 comment:

  1. You're not the first person I've heard mention this. It's nothing short of a disgrace.

    ReplyDelete